Thursday, November 29, 2012

Falling Into Place

Last night I awoke at 4am to a barrage of news on Wally's multiple ARIA wins. I had not intended to rouse myself at such an ungodly hour, truly, it happened by apparent chance. I am certain it had more to do with my cat laying across my head than anything else per se.
I was not surprised by the news that my favorite music man had swept the ceremony, taking all four of his nominations, all being arguably the most coveted categories of the year. I was satisfied, perhaps, that his talents were lauded appropriately per the preference of my honest and expansive bias (insert sarcasm here.) It's been a mad day of updates and news, arriving to my shores belated but welcome nonetheless.

So what?

Well....I'm not entirely certain how I feel. Just yesterday I was huffing and puffing and generally feeling inconvenienced to pay any manner of attention to it. I feel that from time-to-time; the sense that my own realities deserve tending to such that I'd not mind shirking my other roles entirely. I believe that's rather normative, and even sensible and adaptive on occasion.

Today I am refreshed with new excitement and thoughts about the possible future paths ahead for Wally and even for myself and my much-adored fellow devotees of his work. I'm giddy and chattering. I laughed joyously when even one of my family members cheered with genuine glee when he heard Wally had taken the Album of the Year accolade! "That's fantastic! So deserved!"

Indeed it is-although as is the tendency-Wally himself humbly doubted his worthiness. I suppose any self-aware and careful artist would. But I imagine you agree with me that his moments of quiet glory last night were truly earned with brilliance, hard work and a rare, almost 'diamond in the rough' authenticity. These, among others, are the treasure-traits that drive me to continue to work to support the career of this utterly delightful fellow human creature.

It's rather funny--how the victories and challenges of someone else can be so salient. Granted, as a counselor, the deeply meaningful experiences of others often do sit within my soul in some fashion...but the life-line of this particular fellow has set itself as some sort of seal upon my heart and mind. I care deeply for his journey, I'll not disguise that reality. I have no desire to control that journey or steer it in any way-I am just thankful to be somehow-albeit remotely-involved in it. That's a gift. Beauty of all iterations happens in the moments wherein we touch the lives of others and they touch ours.

I'm tired, and a little emotionally drained over the work of this past year-my own and that of the musical magician I follow. But it's a good tired-like the feeling at the end of the day when the labors of hours have been accomplished and all is ready to rest. I hope rest comes for Wally, for my fellows of this community, and for myself.

 As usual, cheers to my Wall-Nuts and all fellow fans....oh and you too, Wally.

-Paige ("Mum Nut" as they say)


C. 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment