Wednesday, June 6, 2012

A Little Miffed...

Wow.... Just surfaced from the dramatics of the pre-sale release of N. American tour. Technical difficulties and fiery-swift sell-outs abound! I am genuinely disappointed for my fellow Wall-nuts who hit the...well...wall. Several venues ran dry within seconds or minutes. In the case of one fellow friend/fan, tickets were gone before she could finish logging into the website. ~~~~ I am brought to a certain level of surprise and shock, I dare admit. I suppose I had little conceptualization of just how explosive this has become. And that is from the entirely remote perspective of a dedicated fan. Can you imagine what Wally must be sensing right now? What his harried management team must be considering? Did they know the nature of the beast? What happens when something that generated from a seed of obscurity and creative isolation suddenly shoots up into a great, towering beanstalk the likes of fairy tales? What monster hides above the cloud line? Further, what feelings and thoughts must roam about in the once insular mind of the artist when the work soars beyond even their reach? Damn....the very minimal imagination I can muster for this evinces feelings of quiet terror. What anxious reality must Wally be mired in at this moment? Actually, he's probably asleep right now, so perhaps the newsreel has yet to be absorbed. It will be, I imagine. I am thankful to have obtained tickets for the Denver opening show in August, despite the somewhat horrid timing. However, I am simultaneously disappointed for the other fans/friends who exerted equal emotional energy and were left wanting. That is a genuine shame. My hope is that there are chances floating in the ether, somewhere, that might be made available to those who were never afforded a chance. It is a bitter turn of events, indeed, and suddenly the words of the song perhaps most responsible for this state of inaccessible super-stardom come to mind; "But you didn't have to cut me off...."

3 comments:

  1. okay so errors in the technical end made sales look more sold out than reality, but I am still dizzied by the results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It still sounds as if many places sold out of the fan-allocated seats (from what it says on the GotyeHQ Twitter feed). I'm assuming that all the "good" seats (i.e. orchestra seats) are taken by now. There should be more left for the general public sales, but I wonder if the fanlist doesn't get first dibs on the best seats on the house? You'd think so, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what I have been wondering, too. Maybe they witheld some for the general public sale? I mean, I suppose that's only fair, but one assumes some form of priority to the more closely-following fans. Curious, indeed.

    ReplyDelete