Friday, June 8, 2012

Treasures From Teammates, Tickets and Cookies

My dear fellow stateside Wally habitue/collaborative informational consultant shared some lovely little nuggets from the Wally-verse. The first is a signed photo from Wal and Kimbra, the second is a signed CD jacket. "Brillo," as they say. Many thanks to my New York maven for her kindness in practicing a "lil' givinanlovin." ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ For those of you still feeling the burn, tickets for public sale of most US shows release in...oh...30 minutes or so. My curiosity is piqued, and perhaps I might see what is available, lest I miss a chance at even closer seats. Methinks it would be awful fun to get close enough to stage to slide a tin of freshly baked "Wall-nut" cookies just shy of Wally's feet at the end of the night (labeled "c/o the Unified Gotye Alliance.") Hope he's not allergic to tree nuts. And that he wouldn't accidentally step on them, or trip on them, or forget a tall glass of milk before eating them...or >gasp< even worse...forget to share with Lucas Taranto and Tim Shiel. The "Shielburger" would hate missing out, I suspect. Alas, my baked-with-love confections will likely be apprehended by venue security upon entrance. Thusly, I doubt such a show of appreciation will be carried out in actuality. Maybe I'll send him one of those horrid 'jam of the month' subscriptions. People like jam...right? Vegimite can't be the only spreadable 'delight' enjoyed by the AUS folk. Okay, perhaps no jam....or vegimite. Nasty stuff, really. In other...well...not 'news' per se, but interesting tidbits: http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/gotye-wouter-de-backer-somebody-that-i-used-to-know/1/199772.html Thanks to the Gotyettes for sussing out that piece. Short and sweet!

2 comments:

  1. Let's hope he's not allergic to nuts (the tree variety or the Wall-nut kind). And get the man some Nutella. To. Die. For.

    I also "peeked" at tickets and was relieved to see that the NY show does not seem to have any orchestra seats left, so I'm happy I got them when I did! I'm itching to go to the Boston show the weekend before, but, alas, no fellow Northeasterners want to drive me. (Good seats were still available as of 10:30 ET, but who knows what's left now). Ah, well--I will take what I can get and I will love every minute of it!

    And if Wally or "his people" ever stumble upon this...thanks for taking the time to sign things for fans, and to PERSONALIZE them in some cases, too. You're a gem and a gent, Mr. De Backer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did (in passing) mention to him that I'd fashioned a blog on his behalf, one which attempts to focus on his work and insights more directly. Perhaps he's stopped by in a moment of quiet and curiosity. Perhaps....

    Nutella....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

    ReplyDelete